I really can't answer that yet, it's too soon and it really does depend on how our lovely Bella recovers after the whole experience. Ten puppies was a huge litter for her to feed and nurture and my poor girl is skin and bone.
From our point of view it was incredibly hard work for a brief few weeks, Bella pretty much did everything until that last 4 weeks of intensive weaning and poop scooping! Did we enjoy it? Overwhelmingly YES!
The best bits?
- The incredible changes in such a short time.
- 10 pairs of eyes watching everything we did
- Watching little tails curling over into that "doodle" pose
- seeing them rough and tumble together, chewing ears and tails
- watching them sleep
- calling "puppy, puppy" and seeing them rush down the garden to me, all excited
- seeing personalities develop from the litter into individuals
- meeting (and vetting) prospective families, and seeing such joy as we handed them over
- feeling warm soft tummies and fluffy doodle cuddles
So do I miss them this morning? Yes, undoubtedly, so watch this space peeps, and we'll see.....