Saturday 6 July 2013

Reflection!

Everybody asks......will you do it again? Mmmmmm, today is the very first morning without puppy squeaks and squeals and yes it's quiet. Little Miss Turquoise went to her forever family yesterday. 

I really can't answer that yet, it's too soon and it really does depend on how our lovely Bella recovers after the whole experience. Ten puppies was a huge litter for her to feed and nurture and my poor girl is skin and bone.

From our point of view it was incredibly hard work for a brief few weeks, Bella pretty much did everything until that last 4 weeks of intensive weaning and poop scooping! Did we enjoy it? Overwhelmingly YES!

The best bits?

  • The incredible changes in such a short time.
  • 10 pairs of eyes watching everything we did
  • Watching little tails curling over into that "doodle" pose 
  • seeing them rough and tumble together, chewing ears and tails 
  • watching them sleep
  • calling "puppy, puppy" and seeing them rush down the garden to me, all excited 
  • seeing personalities develop from the litter into individuals
  • meeting (and vetting) prospective families, and seeing such joy as we handed them over
  • feeling warm soft tummies and fluffy doodle cuddles




So do I miss them this morning? Yes, undoubtedly, so watch this space peeps, and we'll see.....



4 comments:

  1. Bella's big day,,, she's sleeping all worn out but I am sure she will be ready for her mad half hour as she chases me round the garden, she really is a bundle of Joy....Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thanks for your comment. Yes I'm fine just haven't doen anything blogworthy this year so far. I am so pleased to find these gorgeous puppies here. I've loved looking at the photos f them. I especially love the one of them all asleep under the garden bench. What fun you've had and how quiet the house must feel now. I'm glad to see you had a 'Hetty' too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by to say hello, and thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I've been reading through your recent posts, and it has reminded me when my sister in law's King Charles Cavalier had puppies. I was there for the birth of them all, and also had one of her puppies. It was quite stressful for my sister in law, but Lily the dog really suffered as she had a large litter for a dog of her size.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there. I have just had the most lovely wander around your blog. Oh my goodness everyone adorable but as you say ,what hard work ! Lovely words to Leanne x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a message - it's nice to know there is anyone out there!